Kik messenger is a messaging application available for both Android and iOS platforms that use the Wi-Fi or the data connection of your mobile and gives you more features than any other messaging application you are using as of now. Its user interface has been marked as the number one user interface by various critiques. It was developed by a Canadian company and has more than 300,000 users.
Kik Interactive was developed by a few students at the University of Waterloo, Canada in 2009. The app was released for people to use in 2010 and 1 million people registered within 15 days of its release. The company’s most important strategy was to attract teenagers and emerge as ‘the WeChat of the West’. But in 2017, Microsoft removed the application from its App store and no clarifications were given on the removal by either of the parties. But it was not difficult to assume as to why it would have happened.
The application emerged out as the most successful messaging application and some of its amazing features include ease of sharing pictures while sharing, various interactive gifs at the fingertips of the user, inviting friends easily, video calling, and accessing the web while chatting. Its amazing features can encourage anyone to download the app as soon as they hear about it. In this post, we will discuss how to Kik Online Login for both PC and Mobile.
Kik Online login
So, now that you have downloaded Kik Messenger app on PC or Mobile, you are just one step away from entering into a world of unlimited text messages, interactive emojis, unlimited pictures and videos and the most important thing, the web pages.
For using Kik Messenger on your PC, you have to download an Android emulator like Bluestacks or any other.
So let’s see how to sign up for a Kik account:
- Open the app on your device and click on the sign-up
- Type your First and Last Names on the columns given on the screen.
- This name is going to be your display name and it can be changed if you want to.
- Choose a username for yourself.
- A green checkmark will appear next to your selected username if it is available and not taken by someone else. But if a red mark appears next to your username then that username is taken and you will have to create variations in your name for it to be accepted.
- If your username is registered and trademarked and still someone else is using it, then contact the company’s help center.
- Type your email id in the next column.
- The email id that you will enter into this column will be the id that will be used by the Kik to send you an email so make sure that the id is a valid one. If it is invalid then you will not be able to change or deactivate your account. If your email id is not registered with Kik already then a green sign will appear next to your id.
- But if you see a red mark next to the id but you have never used it with Kik then contact the help center they will guide you as to what to do next.
- Add a strong password to your profile.
- Make sure the password is unique and difficult to guess.
- Enter your date of birth in the next column.
- Kik will use your date of birth to determine your age and will not allow you to proceed if you are below 13 years of age.
- Tap on the Sign-Up
Once you’ve done signing up then you will receive a confirmation email for Kik, make sure to check the spam folder in case you don’t receive the mail.
But everything that exists has its advantages and disadvantages, it depends on us what side of the coin we want to exploit. The app’s anonymity feature is one of the features that was developed for the comfort of the user but all it has done is raise concern about the application.
Another feature of the app that raises the concern of parents and media is that its automated spam bots have been used to share explicit content over messenger. The problems related to the application has bugged people so much so that it was declared as the problem application of the moment by the New York Times in February 2016.
Another one of its feature that has been the source of criticism by many people is its parental control over minors has been very lenient since the app was released and no strict measures have been taken by the company to improve them. According to the terms and conditions of the app, children below the age of 13 cannot make accounts on the app and whenever the company finds such accounts it deletes them. But it is not very difficult for the children to put a fake date of birth, and when it does happens the company has no policies which can stop them which becomes the cause of worry of many parents.
I am Maya, the author and founder of this blog. I want to place before you my personal experience using the Kik PC messenger app. Being a woman in my 40's I have not just expressed my thoughts but most probably it's the voice of the younger generation.