Kik is a messaging app that can be used on a variety of devices with different operating systems. This popular app is similar to other messaging applications out on the market, however, there are some feature differences that allow the users to play games inside the app, create memes and browse message threads on various public blogging sites.
Kik is Mainly Used For Uses Like – Kik Not Working:
- Chatting in groups (supports up to 50 members) and one to one
- Circulating messages, gifs, videos etc.
- You can also chat without anyone knowing your identity
- Promoted Chats enable users of the app to chat with different sports and entertainment brands. A promoted account is identified by the green star next to their account. Kik bots help you out with this as well.
- The video chat feature allows you to video call your friends without using another application
- Kik messenger offers internal apps that enable users to play games, create memes and even date other people by finding a match based on their preferences.
Are There Any Restrictions on The Kik App?
You have to be 13 years of age to sign up on Kik App. Just like any other messaging application, it is important to stay safe on Kik. Follow the tips given below to make sure you remain safe:
1. Do not give out personal information:
Never tell people you just met on the internet your house address, phone number or phone number. Basically, any details that can be used to track you down and compromise your safety.
2. Block unknown people:
If you are messaged by a stranger or just someone you do not Kik Not Working want to talk to then you can simply prevent them from messaging you further by blocking them on the app. Another great feature of Kik is that it blurs any images or videos or media files sent to you by strangers. If you are uneasy you can block them immediately.
3. Don’t give out your Kik id on other social media:
It is possible for potentially dangerous persons to message you on the app if you do so.
Much like every other application out there Kik also tends to hang, abruptly stop working, lag while sending messages etc. There are simple solutions to these problems. Read on to find out ways to solve these problems.
A. If you are having trouble connecting to the app itself – Kik Not Working:
- Switch your connections on and off in your phone settings
- Switch to Wi-Fi by switching off your mobile data connection
- Switch to mobile data by switching off your Wi-Fi connection
- Make use of a different Wi-Fi connection
- Go to your device’s settings and force the app to close. Then restart it.
- Restart your device
B. If for some reason you can’t open images or videos that you receive:
- The trouble might be at the other end of the connection. Your friend’s phone might have had an unstable connection whilst sending the files to you and as a result, they might not have been uploaded completely. You can ask them to resend the files
- Open the picture or video later on
C. If you are unable to login into your account – Kik Not Working:
- Make sure you have updated your app.
- Try uninstalling and then re-installing the app
D. If for some reason your video chat feature is not working try the following steps:
- Switch your Wi-Fi off and then on
- Turn Airplane mode on and then off
- Switch to mobile data instead of Wi-Fi and then back again
- Do the previous step but vice versa (Switch to Wi-Fi)
- Make sure that your Kik has been updated
- Restart your device
- Update your phone’s operating system
E. If your chats have disappeared:
If all your chats have disappeared then it’s possible you unknowingly did one of the following:
- Logged out of Kik
- Logged into Kik using a different device
- Erased your account accidentally
- Deleted your app
If you are pretty sure that you haven’t done any of the above then try:
- Force the app to quit (go to the phone settings) and then open it again
- Log out of the app and then force it to stop. Open it once more and log back into your account.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application
Hopefully, the tips given above should solve Kik Not Working problems you face while using the app.